I might be a little late sharing this, but I wanted put put this out there for all who’d like a quick easy project before Easter.
I originally thought of this as a gift for a friend, something to leave on her doorstep (because the world is crazy and .. social distancing is a thing) to let her know I was thinking of her, and then I made several more… And then I thought maybe all of you would like to know how I did it. The bags can hold cute little plastic eggs, or whatever treat you’d like.
This is a Super simple pattern that repeats itself.
- Whatever Yarn I had on hand. But cotton size 4 worsted weight yarn works the best. It uses very little yarn. I can make several from one skein.
- Whatever Hook works for your yarn. I used a 4.5 mm hook
- Back Loop Only – BLO
- Stitch – ST
- Chain – CH
- Single Crochet – SC
- Double Crochet – DC
- Slip Stitch – SL ST
- Skip Stitch – Sk St
- Between * * repeat this many additional times.
- End of row (Parenthesis) total number of stitches in row
- Magic Circle – MC – Great tutorial for MC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p298HxgsO1s
- 3 Double Crochet Bubble Stitch – *YO, hook in st, YO, pull through st, YO pull through 2 loops on hook* repeat 2 more times in the same stitch, then YO pull through all 4 loops on hook.
You’ll start off with the solid bottom and work your way to the top.
- ch2, 10 dc in mc, pull tight, sl st into ch 2 to join, ch1 (10)
- 2dc in each st around, sl st into ch 1 to join, ch 1 (20)
- *2dc, dc* repeat all the way around, sl st into ch 1 to join, ch1 (30)
- *2dc, dc, dc* repeat all the way around, sl st into ch 1 to join, ch1 (40)
- BLO Dc all the way around, sl st into ch 1 to join (40)
- Ch 3, *sk st, dc, ch1* repeat all the way around, sl st into middle ch on the ch 3 to join, ch1
- Dc over the 3rd chain from last row (right next to the join) *ch1, sk st, dc in chain space* repeat all the way around, sl st into first ch1 to join, ch1
- sc in each st all the way around, sl st into chain 1 to join (40)
- Ch 1, *3 dc bubble stitch , ch1, sk st, * repeat all the way around, sl st into ch1 to join
- repeat row 8
- repeat row 6
- repeat row 7
- dc all the way around, sl st into ch 1 to join, ch 1
- (Optional Change Colors) *sk st, 6dc in the next, sk st, sl st* repeat all the way around making scallops. Tie off and weave in ends!
Now I take some yarn and weave it in and out of every 2 dc in row 13. Pull on strings to tighten the bag. My bags hold anywhere from 3 to 6 easter eggs. You can also chain 80 and weave that through if you want a thicker pull string.
I hope you can use this silly little pattern for your next stash buster project.
I hope You all have a happy Easter and Stay Safe out there.